Corporate Barter Network is part of the largest business to business trading networks in the world. Corporate Barter Network currently has nationwide access to over 50,000 trade members and hundreds of business services . Clients are both local national organizations including many recognizable names. Industries include media, travel and entertainment, health care, auto industry, and advertising, and many general business products and services.
Corporate Barter Network began in 1991 as Corporate Investment Barter Exchange. It was organized as a local independent trade exchange and grew to several hundred members. In May of 2004 Corporate Barter Network was formed to take advantage of new barter opportunities within the trade industry. Corporate Barter Network clients now have access to thousands of products and services throughout the world via the two largest trading platforms in the barter industry with over 50,000 combined trading members. In addition, Corporate Barter Network is a proud member of the International Reciprocal Trade Association, IRTA. This platform allows opporunites for bartering with over 250,000 businesses worldwide.
Jeffrey F. Burkhardt, owner of Corporate Barter Network, discovered the potential in the early 1990s:
"I read an article in The Wall Street Journal about how entrepreneurs in a time of recession were being creative in doing business through trading in order to get things they could not afford. At the end of the recession, it turned out that they had succeeded where others failed."
Realizing there were no bartering brokerage firms in this area, Burkhardt began the work of starting one. He works with businesses that range from small mom-and-pop shops to Fortune 500 companies. This can benefit any size business.
Today, he has built the local clients to 500, but in merging his client base with a larger company in Colorado known as eValues, the Corporate Barter Network has more than 30,000 clients across the nation.
Barter, or trade, represents a solution for companies with available inventory or services, by giving them a powerful tool. By accepting payment in trade dollars instead of cash, a business maximizes their efficiency by increasing inventory turnover or billable hours. Using the trade dollars earned, that company can purchase goods or services they want but without paying cash.
A Multi-Billion Dollar Industry
According to the International Reciprocal Trade Association (IRTA), over 470,000 companies actively participate in barter for a total of over $12 billion in annual sales in the United States alone. Over 65% of the corporations listed in the New York Stock Exchange are presently using Barter. This allows them to reduce surplus inventory and bolster sales and to ensure that production facilities run at near capacity. The U.S. Department of Commerce estimates that 20 to 25% of world trade is now barter, and corporate barter is now a 20 billion dollar industry. Barter has become an economic necessity for a succesful business model.
HOW DOES BARTER WORK WITH A TRADE EXCHANGE?
Working with A Corporate Barter Network Trade Consultant allows you to bring your company new sales and increased market share, to move available inventory and to minimize cash outlay for everyday business expenses. Companies use trade dollars, instead of cash, to handle their transactions. Corporate Barter Network provides you with an alternate distribution network. You can charge retail value for goods and services in trade dollars, instead of selling them for reduced rates in cash or having them go unsold. Corporate Barter Network acts as a third-party record keeper, providing clients with monthly statements that reflect all trade purchases and sales and show the current trade-dollar balance.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF TRADING?
- You Get New Customers: This allows you to expand your market and maintain your cash paying customers. Business who use trade do business with you as well, bypassing your competition, who don't use trade.
- Your Business Conserves Cash and Increases Profits: Barter creates new customers because buyers are motivated to pay with their products or services and save cash. Simply put, if you had to purchase a copier for $1000, what would you rather do? Would you rather write a check? Or would you rather pay by giving an equal amount of your product or service at its normal retail price to a new customer? Most businesses prefer to trade and conserve cash.
- Retailers can Eliminate Excess Inventory: Retailers must keep their inventory moving. Each season, customers shop for the most current merchandise. Corporate Barter Network will bring you the buyers to move excess inventory. This eliminates the advertising costs and heavy discounting otherwise needed to to move the inventory you normally would have left over.
- Manufacturers and Wholesalers can Eliminte Excess Inventory: We can coordinate the selling of your surplus inventory, while helping you obtain the best possible prices for your products. We negotiate for you to receive either the going price in the marketplace or at least your full normal selling price to distributors. This allows you to maintain your current pricing integrity as well as upgrading your return on investment.
- Increase Productivity by Filling Downtime and Unused Capacity: A Service Business can increase billable hours. If you are not at 100% capacity twelve months a year and can handle new customers, we can help you fill your idle time with new business opportunities. And now you will have trade dollars to purchase what you need. Hotels and Beds and Breakfasts can fill unused vacancies. Suppose you have 10 vacant rooms at $100 a night and you need a new brochure for $1000. Barter provides a way for you to buy your brochure, fill your rooms (at your cost on the rooms) and maintain your cash. Manufacturers can use their full capacity. If you are currently operating at 90% capacity, going to 93% changes very little in the cost of production. Wouldnt it make sense to take on a new barter customer to cover the cost of next years product catalog?
- Your Business Gains an Expanded Customer Base: Barter customers will bring you all of the cash referrals that your present clients bring. You will gain new cash paying customers too - as long as you give your barter customers the same great services and pricing as you offer everyone else.
Why wait? Find out how to start growing you business with Barter today. Call Corporate Barter Network.