Welcome to the Laurel Highlands!
It all started back in the summer of 1957. A group of students convinced their professor to sponsor their wilderness excursions. From this very humble beginning, Laurel Highlands River Tours & Outdoor Center was created. The professor was Edward Coleman of Indiana, Pa.. He was more than willing to share his love of the outdoors. Surprisingly this idea became a multi-generational enterprise that has introduced hundreds upon thousands of individuals to the great outdoor world.
We welcomes you to our beautiful outdoor home. We are family-owned and operated by your hosts, Linda and Mark McCarty who invite you to experience the pleasure of white water rafting created just for you. Through millions of river miles Laurel Highlands River Tours and Outdoor Center has helped develop this current white water rafting sport.
When you choose Laurel Highlands River Tours you are choosing 48 years of commercial rafting knowledge and a staff with a strong common goal to offer you the best outdoor recreation day ever. Your guides are us, our company. Our staff has over 350 years of combined river rafting experience. Our guides are highly trained by Bob Stover. Bob has helped develop the longest running and the most complete state certified guide training program within the East.
The 20,000 acres of Ohiopyle State Park along with the westernmost ridges of the Appalachian Mountains are our home. We would like to share it all along with you. Enjoy this invigorating environment. Raft, hike, bike, climb and relax with us as we explore this incredible country. Stay an entire day or an entire week. You definitely will want to return.
Laurel Highlands River Tours in Ohiopyle, PA Offers the Ultimate Yough Experience With Whitewater Rafting, Kayaking and More!
CALL TODAY! -- 724.329.8531
- Whitewater Rafting on the Yough River
- Whitewater Rafting in Ohiopyle PA
- Rock Climbing - We offer courses that introduce you to the sport as well as courses for advanced rock climbers. Our guides will instruct you in all the basics.
- Mountain Biking - Guided Mountain Biking come to Ohiopyle State Park, Pennsylvani'as playground with its 19,000 acres of mountains, rolling meadows and the Youghiogheny River. We have all levels of trails from beginner to what a hard core biker craves.
- Hiking - Guided Hiking - The Ohiopyle State Park has some of the truly most beautiful hiking trails in the area. There are easy scenic trails to those that are steep and strenuous. There are even trails to beautiful waterfalls and natural water slides. If you prefer; however, you can hike without a guide and we will provide you with a park map and best trail information
- Kayaking & Canoeing - Instructional Courses - We will teach you how to kayak or canoe on the Youghiogheny. Learn flatwater paddling basics to advanced rodeo boating. Our instructors are top-notch and chosen for their ability to teach those of all ages and all skill levels.
- Group Packages
- Rentals -- Middle Yough Rentals
Lower Yough Rentals
Pedal and Paddle Packages
- Lodging -- Guest Houses
Make Your Outdoor Adventure Reservation Today!
Call to obtain more information on paintball fun, fishing, whitewater adventures and more!.
People come from all around including West Virginia (WV) for fun on the Yough and Cheat Rivers.